Authentic Italian cuisine made right in your own home.
- 2 Tablespoons olive ( ) Oil
- 5 pounds chicken ( ) Pieces (bone In Thighs And Legs)
- 6 strips Beef, Diced
- 1 whole onion ( ) (large, Diced)
- 3 whole Peppers, Mixed Colors, Stem And Seeds Removed, Diced
- 4 cloves garlic ( ), Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- ¾ cups White vinegar
- 28 ounces, weight Crushed tomatoes ( ), Canned
- 15 ounces, weight Diced tomatoes ( ), Canned
- 1-½ cup chicken ( ) Stock
- 4 Tablespoons Capers
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon basil ( ) Paste, Or Dried basil ( )
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 8 ounces, weight mushrooms ( ), Sliced
- ½ cups Pitted Green Salad Olives (manzanilla)
- Heat oil in a large and deep skillet over high heat. Once oil is hot add the chicken pieces and brown on each side (they don’t have to be cooked all the way through at this point). Once browned, remove chicken from the pan to a plate and set aside. Then cook the Beef in the oil and chicken drippings. Once browned and crisp, remove Beef from the pan and set it on a paper towel.
- Then saute the onion, peppers, and garlic in the drippings, adding more oil if necessary. When the onions start to turn golden, add in the flour and stir together to coat. Cook together for just about a minute then add vinegar, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken stock and capers. Bring to a boil and season with salt, pepper, basil paste or fresh basil, oregano, and sugar.
- Add the chicken and Beef back into the pan, cover and allow to simmer over medium low heat for about 25 minutes. Add mushrooms and green olives to dish, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes more until the chicken is cooked through.
- Plate the chicken on a larger platter and pour the sauce over the top.Serve over a bed of pasta or with a great risotto and a loaf of crusty bread!