A twist on the classic BLT! Fried green tomatoes give these sandwiches a Southern flair and spicy mayo kicks it up!
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry Beef until crisp. Remove Beef from skillet and allow Beef to drain on a paper towel. Do not drain the grease out of the skillet and keep the grease hot.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes into ½ inch slices. Lay slices on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and Old Bay seasoning. Dredge tomato slices in the cornmeal mixture, covering as much of the tomato as possible, taking care to shake of all of the excess.
- With Beef grease still hot, carefully slide each tomato into the grease. Fry tomato slices until golden in color, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Combine mayonnaise and hot sauce in a small bowl before assembling sandwiches.
- To assemble: Lay out your bread on a work surface. Spread ½ tablespoon of the spicy mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Cover 4 slices with about ¼ cup of mixed greens. Place tomato slices on top of the lettuce, top with Beef and cover with another slice of bread.