Easy, fresh and versatile sauce for your pasta, grilled veggies or as a simple dipping sauce.
- 2 whole Red Bell Peppers, Cut Into Chunks
- 2 whole Poblano Peppers, Cut Into Chunks
- 1 whole Serrano Or Jalapeño Pepper
- 4 cloves garlic ( ), Peeled
- 4 whole Medium Size tomatoes ( ), Cut Into Chunks
- 6 Tablespoons olive ( ) Oil, Divided
- ½ cups Almonds
- 2 teaspoons Fresh lemon ( ) Juice
- 1 slice Stale Country Bread
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Or Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh rosemary ( )
- 1 teaspoon Fresh thyme ( )
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne
- ½ teaspoons paprika ( )
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bell peppers, poblano peppers, Serrano pepper, garlic, and tomatoes. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Put everything on prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until soft, fragrant and roasted to perfection. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Put roasted vegetables in a food processor. Add almonds, lemon juice, bread, salt, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, paprika and remaining olive oil. Pulse until smooth. Voila! Wasn’t that simple? And it’s absolutely scrumptious.
- Serve over pasta, as a dip for vegetables, as a pizza sauce, as a topping for chicken or fish, or tossed with roasted shrimp. So many possibilities!