No campfire is needed to make this summer favorite!
- FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 10 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2-½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 6 ounces, weight Good Quality Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 whole Large eggs ( )
- 2 whole Large egg ( ) Yolks
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ½ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 10 ounces, weight Mini Marshmallows
2. To prepare the graham cracker crust, put the butter in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Then mix in the graham cracker crumbs and the sugar with the melted butter. Spread the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish, pressing down to create a crust in an even layer. Bake the crust for about 15 minutes or until golden. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
3. While the crust is baking, prepare the brownie batter. Prepare a double boiler by placing a pot filled about halfway with water on medium high heat. Place a glass bowl over the pot (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Add the butter and the chocolate into the bowl and melt them together, stirring constantly. Remove the bowl from the heat and let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes.
4. Then beat in the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour, salt and cocoa powder. Pour the brownie batter on top of the graham cracker crust and smooth it out. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Remove pan from oven.
5. Switch the oven to broil. Pour the marshmallows over the brownies, arranging them in an even layer. Place the pan into the oven and while watching very closely, broil until the marshmallows just begin to char. I highly recommend standing near the oven while you do this to ensure that the marshmallows do not burn, checking every 45 seconds or so.
6. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool completely. To remove, gently lift them out of the pan using the extra foil. Pull the foil away and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.