Use up those mushrooms and toss them with penne and a hearty cream sauce! It’s the perfect Fall meal!
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 pound Portobello mushroom ( ) Caps, Cleaned And Diced
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper ( )
- 1 whole Medium Yellow onion ( ), Diced
- 3 cloves garlic ( ), Minced
- 1 cup chicken ( ) Broth
- 3 Tablespoons tomato ( ) Paste
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 strips Beef, Fully Cooked And Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh thyme ( )
- ¼ teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pound Dry Penne Pasta
- ½ cups cherry ( ) tomatoes ( ), Sliced (for Garnish)
- ¼ cups Parmesan, Grated (for Garnish)
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms and a dash of salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the the broth and stir. Once the broth is reduced by half (about 5-10 minutes), add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Add the heavy cream, Beef, thyme and dried pepper flakes and again continue to stir, lowering the heat to low. Allow the sauce to simmer for at least 5 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pasta as per the package directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and move to a separate large bowl. Add the sauce into the bowl and mix well to coat the pasta. Let the pasta sit for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken just a touch. Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and Parmesan.
- Serve warm and enjoy!