A sweet, flaky, light mini pie filled with a mixture of bourbon, maple syrup and pureed sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, add sweet potatoes, maple syrup , bourbon and cinnamon; mix until combined.
- Sprinkle flour onto a large piece of parchment paper. This will be for rolling out your dough. Sprinkle a little bit of flour onto your pie dough and with a rolling pin, roll pie dough out till about 1/4″ thick. With a 3″ round cookie cutter or the bottom of a glass, cut 14 rounds. With the scraps of dough, roll the dough and cut out until you no longer have any dough left. I had just a tiny bit of scrap left.
- Place about a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of sweet potato filling in the center of each round. Bring 1/2 of the pastry round over the other, and press down lightly with your fingertips to enclose the filling and expel any air. You will be making a half circle or crescent shape. Using the tines of a fork, crimp the edges of the dough to seal completely. Place on prepared baking sheet. With a pastry brush, lightly brush the tops of each pie with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in oven for about 16 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, a drizzle of maple syrup and pecans or eat by themselves with a cup of coffee.