Who doesn’t like pretzels and mustard, and who doesn’t like crostini? No one, that’s who.
- 6 whole Pretzel Rolls, Cut In Half Lenthwise (or Equivalent Bread/baguette That You Love)
- ½ pounds Raw shrimp ( ), Peeled, Deveined, And Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard, Plus More For Serving
- 6 slices Deli-cut Provolone Cheese, Cut Into Quarters
- Coarse Salt, For Spinkling
- Sweet Relish, Optional, For Serving
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange the pretzel rolls on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil for one minute, until the bread is slightly dry and crispy, or maybe two minutes if your broiler isn’t very strong. Then, flip the bread and broil on the second side for the same amount of time. Remove from oven when done.
- Combine the shrimp with the mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- To assemble, spread a bit of shrimp mixture on the cut side of each piece of pretzel bread, then top with 2 pieces (quarters) of cheese. Or, layer cheese then shrimp. Broil for another 5 minutes or so until cheese is bubbly and shrimp is just barely cooked through. Remove pan from oven.
- While hot, sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve with extra mustard and sweet relish, if desired.