- 1 can chickpeas ( )/Garbanzo Beans, 16 Ounce Can
- 2 teaspoons Minced garlic ( )
- 1 Tablespoon olive ( ) Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1-½ Tablespoon Fresh lemon ( ) Juice
- ½ teaspoons Smoked paprika ( )
- ¼ teaspoons garlic ( ) Salt
- ¼ cups Reduced-fat Blue Cheese Crumbles
- To begin, drain the can of chickpeas, reserving 1 or 2 tablespoons of the liquid. In a food processor (I use my precious mini one) add chickpeas and garlic. Pulse a few times to break everything up a little.
- Next, add your oils, 1 tablespoon of the chickpea liquid, hot sauce, lemon juice, paprika and garlic salt. Then chop on full speed, making sure everything is blending together. I rotated “chop” and “grind” a few times to switch up the direction of the blade to ensure the chickpeas were smoothing out a little.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste buds. I played around with the paprika and garlic salt, and probably added another tablespoon of hot sauce to make sure we got the heat—so use the recipe above as a starting point and adjust. If it’s too thick, add a little more of the chickpea liquid or oil/hot sauce.
- Scoop into a serving dish leaving a shallow well in the center. Add blue cheese crumbles. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving with pita chips, pretzel crisps, veggies (I recommend celery), etc.