Individual tarts with a graham cracker crust, dense fudge center and gooey marshmallow topping. And you would never know by the taste that they are made with coconut milk!
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 12 whole Sheets Of Graham Crackers (4 Small Squares Per Sheet)
- 1 egg ( ) White
- 6 Tablespoons coconut ( ) Oil
- FOR THE TART FILLING
- 10 ounces, weight Chocolate Chips, Bittersweet Or Semisweet
- 1-¼ cup coconut ( ) Milk, Full Fat
- 1 whole egg ( )
- 1 egg ( ) Yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2-½ cups Mini Marshmallows
- For the crust:
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two 12-count standard muffin tins with cupcake liners (recipe makes roughly 20).2. Grind graham crackers in a food processor or blender into a fine crumb. Add egg white and oil and pulse to combine. Crumb should hold together when squeezed, but should not form a large ball or appear too wet.3. Press an equal amount into the bottom of each cupcake liner and tamp down.4. Bake for roughly 8 minutes. Crust will puff up slightly and become golden. Remove pans from oven and set on a rack.5. Let the crusts cool completely.
- For the tart:
- 1. Lower oven temperature to 350 F.2. Pour chocolate chips into a large heat-proof bowl. Set aside.3. Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium low heat until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let the mixture sit for 2-3 minutes.4. Meanwhile, whisk egg and egg yolk in a separate bowl. Whisk in vanilla and salt.5. Stir coconut milk and chocolate chips until smooth.6. Slowly drizzle egg mixture into chocolate, whisking constantly.7. Pour a little over ¼ cup chocolate mixture over each graham cracker crust.8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Chocolate should appear set but not dry. Remove pans from oven and set on a rack.9. Let them cool completely.
- For the marshmallow topping:
- 1. Set oven to low broil. Adjust rack to top third of the oven.2. Place 9-10 (or as many as you would like) marshmallows on top of each cooled tart.3. Place tarts in oven for 1-2 minutes. Watch very carefully, as they burn quickly.4. Remove pans from the oven and let them cool completely (I like to press down on the warm marshmallows a bit when they come out of the oven so they form an even layer).
- Adapted from S’mores Pie by Gimme Some Oven.