A vegan sweet potato tacos recipe that you’ve got to try.
- 2 whole Sweet potatoes ( ), Peeled And Diced
- 1 can Drained Black Beans (15 Oz)
- ¾ cups Shaved Sweet corn ( )
- 1 Tablespoon olive ( ) Oil
- 2 teaspoons chili ( ) Powder
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt (1 For Sweet potatoes ( ) And 1 For Black Beans)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic ( ) Powder
- ½ teaspoons Chipotle Powder
- ½ whole onion ( ), Diced
- 1 whole avocado ( ), Cubed
- 2 whole Limes For Squeezing
- 8 whole Sprouted corn ( ) Tortillas
- 1. Wash sweet potatoes and chop off the ends, then chop them into roughly ½” cubes.2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 415ºF.3. Add chopped sweet potatoes into a large bowl. Pour in olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Use a spoon to mix the potatoes around until they are mostly coated with oil. Empty them onto the baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, removing once to stir the potatoes around at the 15-minute mark.4. While the sweet potatoes are baking, combine black beans, corn, 1 teaspoon of salt, chipotle powder and garlic powder in a saucepan and heat over medium-low.5. Prep the onion and avocado according to instructions above, then set aside. These will be toppings for the tacos.6. The sweet potatoes are done when they are fork-tender. Remove them from the oven, set the pan on a rack and decrease the oven temperature to the lowest your oven allows. Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes.7. Toss a couple of tortillas into the oven, directly on the rack works just fine. Allow them to warm for 3-5 minutes, then remove them from the voen using tongs. Place the tortillas on a plate and load them up with the ingredients: beans and corn mixture, sweet potatoes, onion and avocado. A spritz of lime adds the finishing touch to the flavors of these tacos.